About Colorado Midwifery
COMBINING EXPERTISE & INTUITION
We believe that the partnership between parent and practitioner is built on mutual trust, respect, and connection.
Our relationship is a collaboration
Client and provider both play an active role in bringing about a successful, healthy birth experience.
We’re here to advocate for you
We get to know each other well so we can advise and advocate for you and your family. No matter who else is in the room, we’re here for you.
We come with a seasoned community
Throughout your experience, we’ll provide the resources, referrals, and information you need to move into parenthood with eyes and heart wide open.
Birth is always an adventure
We provide the education you need to feel prepared for your experience and stay present when the unexpected arises.
From here on out, you’ll never be alone on your journey towards parenthood.
Dia has been dedicated to midwifery, health, and wellness since her undergraduate studies. She brings her wealth of experience and education to each client, oﬀering you a well-rounded approach that can be tailored to your needs.
Midwife Assistant Training Program, The Farm, Summertown, TN April 2011
HypnoBirthing Practitioner Training/Certiﬁcation, Boulder, CO July 2015
National College of Midwifery, Associates of Science -anticipated completion 2020 Doula certiﬁcation, DONA International, 2020
Premed at UCSC. 1994
- Bachelors of Arts in Biology, University of California, Santa Cruz, 1994
- Midwifery Internship Program, Casa De Nascimiento, El Paso, TX July-December 1997
- Massage Certification Program, Esalen Institute, Big Sur, CA November 1998
- Teacher Training Certification Program, The Pilates Center, Boulder, CO 2003
- DONA approved Breastfeeding Course, Boulder, CO July 2011
- DONA Post Partum Doula Training, Louisville, CO July 2011
- Midwife Assistant Training Program, The Farm, Summertown, TN April 2011
- HypnoBirthing Practitioner Training/Certification, Boulder, CO July 2015
- Birth Institute, Holistic Midwifery track July 2015-December 2016
- National College of Midwifery, Associates of Science -anticipated completion 2020
- Academic apprenticeship with Virginia Nagel, CNM Dec 2018-2019
- Bend Birth Center, Bend, OR, student Mar-Apr 2020
- River City Midwifery, Richmond, VA, student May-July 2020
- Apprenticeship with Kathryn Raynes, CPM Lakewood, CO, February 2017-present
- Doula certification, DONA International, 2020
- Colorado Lactation Conference 2020
- Neonatal Resuscitation certification, Current
- CPR certification, Current
– Danya R
– Jen K.
– Rachel E.
Schedule a call to see if we can provide the support you and your family needs.